In order to use MediShare, you’ll need to pay a one-time fee of $50. Not only that, but there also are a few forms that you will need to fill out. These forms are a health history and questionnaire, a statement of faith, and a testimony and commitment form. As with Liberty HealthShare, there are a few lifestyle requirements in order to be eligible for the cost-sharing program. You’ll have to meet these requirements before you are eligible for the cost-sharing:
- You need to agree that everyone has the right to their own interpretations of the Bible.
- Furthermore, the company strongly believes that everyone’s personal freedom originates from God rather than being granted by governmental authorities.
- You affirm that you will help others in need when you are able to do so.
- Liberty HealthShare believes that you must avoid lifestyle choices that are likely to be harmful to your health.
- Liberty HealthShare feels strongly that everyone should be allowed to make decisions regarding their own healthcare.
How Much Does It Cost?
In order to get started with MediShare, you’ll need to pay a $120 fee during the first month, which all MediShare members will be required to pay. In addition, there will be a two dollar fee initially upon starting your membership.
The deductibles depend on the size and type of your household, and there are several policy options available. These are the options that you can choose from:
- $1,000 (available to people who are between 18-29 years old and unmarried)
How Do You Know What Type Of Plan To Pick?
Determining what type of plan you should pick depends on your unique needs. The mostimportant thing to be aware of is how much you’re likely to spend on healthcare during a typical year. Also, it’s important to factor in what you can expect to pay in the future.
In addition, you need to consider your age. Seniors are generally advised to use a cost-sharing program that doesn’t feature a lifetime cap. Also, it’s essential to consider your insurance status. If you do not have insurance or have low-quality coverage, you’ll want a cost share program with a lower deductible.
Healthy living incentives can be a powerful motivator to ensure that your lifestyle is as healthy as possible. In fact, MediShare offers a 20% reduction in your required monthly contribution if you maintain a healthy lifestyle. In order to qualify for it, your BMI will need to be between 17.5 and 25, you’ll need to have a blood pressure of less than 121/81, and your abdominal circumference needs to be below 38″ for males and 35″ for females.